Podcast Episode #321
Staff culture is important for healthy churches. Today, we talk with Bryan and Shannon Miles who lead the #1 staff culture in the U.S. according to Entrepreneur magazine.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- “You can’t ask others to do things you’re not willing to do as the leader.”
- “As a leader, you can’t force or create a policy that you’re not willing to live and die by as well.”
- “Not everyone carries the same vision for the church that you do.”
- Sometimes we take leadership so seriously that we don’t have any fun.
The four keys for healthy staff culture we discuss on the episode are:
- Lead by example
- Invest in your culture
- Share common values
- Focus on the people
About Bryan & Shannon Miles and BELAY
The Timothy Track, from Midwestern Seminary, offers select residential M.Div. students placement in internship positions in a local church in the area. Now you can complement your studies with in-the-field ministry experience. In addition, all Timothy Track students will receive up to 12 credit hours for the internship and a 50% tuition scholarship for the first year.
Find out more at mbts.edu/TimothyTrack.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped hundreds of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting WeStaffTheChurch.com.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast
- Team members acknowledge their weaknesses to one another
- Team members voice their opinion even at the risk of causing disagreement
- Team members offer unprovoked constructive feedback to one another
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni
- The Levity Effect by Adrian Gostick
Click here to read the full / original blog post.