for 4 servings
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ white onion, chopped roughly
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 head broccoli, steamed
8 oz whole wheat pasta, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add butternut squash and onion to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender.
- Add roasted squash and onion to a food processor or blender. Add vegetable broth, almond milk, and blend until smooth.
- In a large sauce pot over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sage. Cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add squash puree and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked pasta and steamed broccoli and stir to combine.
- Top with Parmesan, and serve.
SOURCE: Tasty, Spencer Kombol and Joey Firoben