Ohio Man Who Was Smoking While Using Oxygen Tank Outside Nursing Home Dies After Wheelchair Catches Fire

An Ohio man died last week when his wheelchair caught fire while allegedly smoking and using his oxygen tank, according to reports.

Joseph Konopa was outside the Grande Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation nursing home in the Cleveland suburb of Oakwood Village on April 17 when he caught fire, Fox News affiliate WJW-TV reported.

A motorist noticed Konopa’s wheelchair up in flames and called the police.

“I arrived and noticed there was a wheelchair that was smoldering in front of the building with a male laying on the ground, face down,” Oakwood police Det. Ed Thyret told the news station.

Click here to read more.
Source: Fox News