Out of our dozens of pizza recipes, these pretzels hold a special place in our hearts. First, because we love cheesy stuffed pretzels (looking at you, Spinach Artichoke Pretzel). Next, because we have a thing for turning everything into a pizza.
1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 c. mini pepperoni
2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 (13.8-oz.) tube refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 c. pizza sauce, plus more for serving
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. warm water
1/4 c. full-sized pepperoni
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup mozzarella with mini pepperonis, and Parmesan. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Unroll each piece and fold into a rectangle. Roll to flatten into a thinner rectangle. Spoon a thin line of pizza sauce across the length of the dough and top with cheese mixture.
- Seal dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, and carefully roll into a tight rope. Twist into a pretzel shape and repeat with remaining dough, sauce, and cheese mixture. Arrange pretzels on prepared pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk baking soda into the warm water until fully dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel.
- Combine melted butter with Italian seasoning and garlic salt and brush on top of pretzels. Arrange pepperoni on top of pretzels. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake pretzels until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with more pizza sauce and Parmesan, if desired.
SOURCE: Delish, by Laura Rege