Potato, Spinach and Sausage Soup. You are going to love this vegan and gluten-free soup! Similar to Olive Garden’s zuppa toscana.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like things spicy, like me)
- 12 ounces vegan sausage, chopped (my favorites are Tofurky and Field Roast brands, find them in the deli section near tofu)
- 1.5 pound bag The Little Potato Company Blushing Belle potatoes, quartered
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cashew cream (or other non-dairy cream option. See how to make cashew cream here)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, pinch of salt and pepper, and sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and onion has cooked down. Stir often so the sausage doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the potatoes and cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the vegetable broth and increase heat to a low boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted, then remove from heat. Stir in the cashew cream, mixing to just combine, and taste for seasoning. Depending on the saltiness of your broth (I typically favor a low-sodium broth), you may need more salt/pepper.
SOURCE: Delish Knowledge,