Total Time : Prep: 15 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
Makes : 6 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated.
- In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
1 steak: 245 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.