Three service members were reassigned from their White House jobs for allegedly having inappropriate contact with women in Vietnam during President Trump’s visit this month, according to a published report Tuesday.
Three Army noncommissioned officers broke curfew from their detail in the Southeast Asian nation, sources told the Washington Post.
“We are aware of the incident, and it is currently under investigation,” Department of Defense spokesman Mark Wright said.
The three under investigation work for the White House Communications Agency, a military operation that sets up secure communications for the president, vice president and Secret Service.
Trump recently visited five Asian nations in 12 days, including Nov. 10-11 stops in Danang and Hanoi.
This probe comes in the wake of four military members — with the same agency — facing allegations that they brought foreign women into a secure area in Panama after hours, officials said.
The four men involved in the Panama incident, two from the Army and two from the Air Force, were preparing for a trip by Vice President Mike Pence.
They were all sent home before Pence touched down in Panama and were taken off their White House gigs, pending a military probe, NBC previously reported.
SOURCE: New York Post – David K. Li