Oh how we’ve missed soup season.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 c. bacon, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 c. Chopped red onion
- 1/2 c. chopped carrots
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. cooked white rice
- 1 c. chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat brown bacon until crispy and fat is rendered. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Increase heat to medium-high and brown ground turkey in bacon fat, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, red onion, and carrots and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper, white wine, and stock; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Stir in cooked rice and parsley until warmed through and serve immediately with crispy bacon.
SOURCE: Delish, by JUDY KIM