Whitney Houston fans are getting a pre-holiday treat now that her iconic film, “The Bodyguard,” is celebrating its 25th anniversary next month.
A brand new collection of live and studio tracks from the film, previously recorded by the singer, who died in 2012, are being released by Legacy Recordings with permission from Houston’s estate. It’s called “Whitney Houston – I Wish You Love: More From The Bodyguard.”
“The Bodyguard,” starring Houston and Kevin Costner, hit theaters on Nov. 25, 1992. It centered on Houston’s character, pop star Rachel Marron, who hires Secret Service agent Frank Farmer to protect her after she receives death threats.
The film’s Grammy Award-winning soundtrack, executive produced by the late Houston and Clive Davis, is the top-selling soundtrack of all-time, according to SoundScan.
“Whitney Houston — I Wish You Love: More From The Bodyguard” features previously unreleased recordings from the film, Houston’s Bodyguard Tour that ran from 1993 to 1995 and remixes of popular tracks like “I’m Every Woman” and “I Will Always Love You.”
It also features a spoken word introduction by Houston as her character, an acapella version of “Jesus Loves Me” and a rare live recording of “Run to You.”
And although it will officially hit shelves Nov. 17, fans can pre-order it now.
Here’s the new album’s complete track list:
1. I Will Always Love You (Alternate Mix)
2. I Have Nothing (Film Version)
3. I’m Every Woman (Clivilles & Cole House Mix I Edit)
4. Run to You (Film Version)
5. Queen of the Night (Film Version)
6. Jesus Loves Me (Film Version)
7. Jesus Loves Me (A Capella Version)
8. I Will Always Love You (Film Version)
9. I Have Nothing (Live)
10. Run to You (Live)
11. Jesus Loves Me / He’s Got The Whole World In His Hands (Live)
12. Queen of the Night (Live)
13. I Will Always Love You (Live)
14. I’m Every Woman (Live)
SOURCE: ABC News, Joi-Marie McKenzie