Bush’s® chicken sausage sandwiches with beans and pickled pepper and onion relish.
YIELD: 4 people
ACTIVE TIME: 16 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 24 minutes
- 1 can (21.5 ounces) Bush’s® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large (9 oz.) red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken sausages of choice
- 4 hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil. Add bell pepper, onion, thyme and red pepper flakes; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is mostly evaporated, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While relish is cooking, prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat; lightly oil grate. Grill sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 12-14 minutes.
- When sausages are close to ready, brush insides of hot dog buns with butter, then grill, buttered-side down, until to lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Place sausages in toasted buns; spread with mustard. Top with pickled pepper and onion relish and Bush’s® Honey Chipotle Grillin’ Beans®. Serve any remaining beans and relish on the side.