Easter Sunday Dessert Recipe: Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake
Best Lemon Cake Recipe on the Internet! You will adore this Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake Recipe with a secret ingredient for years to come!
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package lemon instant pudding
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 3½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1⅓ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Optional: lemon zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add room temperature cream cheese, butter and salt to large mixing bowl and begin creaming on high speed until smooth.
- Slowly add sugar and instant pudding to bowl and cream until light and fluffy which takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Lower speed of mixer to medium and add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated.
- Slow mixer to slowest speed and add flour one cup at a time into bowl until just incorporated.
- Do not overbeat at this point.
- Add lemon zest to bowl and mix.
- Once everything is incorporated, pour cake batter into greased and floured or baking sprayed 12 inch bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove cake and place on cooling rack for an hour or until it is completely cooled.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If it is too runny, add a bit more sugar or if it is too thick, add a little bit more lemon juice. You want to consistency to coat the back of a spoon but slide off easily.
- Drizzle on top of cooled cake, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
Jocelyn Delk Adams